1) Which biome is characterized by relatively high precipitation, high temperatures, high biodiversity, and low latitudes?
2) Temperate Deciduous Forest
4) Tropical Rainforest
2) A square mile of tropical rainforest contains 36 mammal species. A square mile of tundra contains 4 mammal species.
What characteristic of ecosystems is being described above?
2) abiotic factors
) Which of the following is most likely to decrease biodiversity?
1) Clearing a forest to raise livestock for a nearby town
2) Adding native plants to a suburban garden
3) Protecting more land from future housing developments
4) Reintroducing natural predators to an area
4) In the Kelp forest ecosystem, sea urchins eat kelp, and sea otters eat sea urchins.
What is the role of sea urchins in this ecosystem?
2) secondary consumers
3) primary producers
4) primary consumers
) What is the correct order of energy flow in an ecosystem?
1) sun → rabbit → grass
2) fox → rabbit → grass
3) sun → grass → rabbit
4) sun → fox → rabbit
6) A savannah ecosystem includes grasses, zebras, and lions, and elephants.
Which of the following has the greatest overall biomass in this ecosystem?